Monday, March 8, 2010

Refraining from Mixology, but yes, its related

I am not as wound up about the arbitrary ABC campaign against rectification, as it is not quite the same thing as contemplating the loss of successful and venerated live venues to short-sighted, byzantine bureaucracy. I am glad it is getting so much press, and as I said, I am really curious what Alice Waters thinks about it all.

I have refrained from writing for a bit, but I simply have to share a great commentary written by Ben Van Houten for thebaybridged.com.  Five Ways to Think About the Crackdown on SF Venues.

He sums it up beautifully in my opinion, and I too wonder where the Convention and Visitors Bureau is on this issue.  Surely they must understand that tourists from near and far spend money at San Francisco's wonderful live venues.

This is a big music week for me, what with BRMC at Slim's and the Japonize Elephants and the Bottom of the Hill.  I'll try to get a picture or two and perhaps see what mischief the SFPD is up to with those two great clubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment